Jan 27, 2015

Tasty Tuesday....Super Bowl Fare

Well there is a lot of Super Bowl prep work being done all over. Last minutes touches to the field and uniforms and all things in between.

 And around my house I have been preparing for the perfect Super Bowl Fare. Now this may be the "Big Kahuna" of ball games. The be all of games for the entire year, but without the right food I say it just another game. So just like the game is special, the food must be too!

So with me trying my best to stay off the white stuff (sugar, flour, rice, potatoes) in other words the simple carbs. And hubs having type 2 diabetes. I am trying to get a bit creative.

So here is what I have decided on. I will start out with Oven Fried Hot Wings. I make these from scratch and use wings from free range chickens.  Keep in mind I am only doing wings and I do a HOT wing sauce when I am done. So you will have to do the adjustments as you go along if you use this recipe. Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken is the best recipe I have found and I did not change a thing except I am using wings only.

Deviled Eggs.....I just use my regular recipe since it does not contain sugar.

Relish Tray with celery, baby carrots, sliced turnips, broccoli and cauliflower and blue cheese dressing as a dip.

And for the sweet tooth factor I found something that I am going to try for the first time.  It originally came from here. But it was shared with me by a blogger friend over at "A Working Pantry". And that does say pantry and not panty! She has some great things to share so you might want to pop over and plan to stay awhile.

Well I would love to hear about what the rest of you intend on doing for your Super Bowl food. So come on and share it with me. It seems like around my house we can take even the mundane (not that Super Bowl is mundane) and make it special with bit of special food.   

2 comments:

  1. Kim, thanks for sharing that recipe. I have almond flour and almond milk. I'll have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. If you do not already visit "A Working Pantry" you should stop in and see her. She has some things that are right up your alley. Let me know what recipe you try and how you liked it.

      Delete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...