Jan 10, 2015

Another cold one!

Well while it is not as cold outside as some of you are experiencing. It is cold enough for me.

I woke up to 9* this morning (5am) and before daylight it dropped to 5*.  But the sun has been out today and it has risen to 25* in the sun. 

Our breakfast of choice was baked oatmeal. I made it with banana, walnuts and maple this morning. It warmed up the kitchen, made the house smell divine and fueled our bodies for the beginning of the day. You can click here for the  Baked Oatmeal recipe. 



I have not had a lot of extra energy lately, probably because I have not been sleeping extremely well. But I am trying to keep up with my exercise just the same. I went to the Y yesterday and swam in the warm water pool. Today I walked at home on the treadmill (2 miles) and then worked for about 20 minutes with free weights.

When it was time for lunch I really wanted something warm and since I was the only one at home I decided to fix some yellow squash. I just did it up in a bit of EVOO with a salt free spice  mix I make. It was wonderful and not full of unwanted calories or carbs.



So tell me what all you are doing to stay warm and pass the time?

1 comment:

  1. I made us a crock pot of steel cut oats with organic raisins, cinnamon and apples. Mmmm! We are about to renew our gym membership. Youngest has been bugging us. Hubby has just been working too many long hours lately for us all to go together.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...