Jan 20, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

I share dinner menus on Monday so I am going to try to share some recipes for other things here on tuesday.

A few weeks back I referred to a recipe for Baked Oatmeal and I will say this is a delicious way to get your oatmeal. A confession is forth coming here, I am not an oatmeal lover. I just don't like the texture of cooked oatmeal. So when the Doctor said eat more oatmeal I ask if no bake cookie counted! For the record, they do not! So I have been trying to find other ways to get my oatmeal. This baked oatmeal was perfect and you can work with it adding different fruits and nuts which add the textures that I need to be able to get it down.

But I started thinking about trying to lower the calories a bit and still retain the protein and for the carbs to still be within reason. So here is what I came up with.



No Flour Cookies

2 egg whites
2 T. plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 smashed banana
1/3 cup + 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
1 cup regular oatmeal
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Place first 5 ingredients into bowl and mix well. Stir in oatmeal and baking powder. You can now add nuts and fruit to your liking. Bake at 350* till brown around edges and set to your liking.

************************************
Tips----I like to stick with berries as they are lower in sugar and my hubs is a diabetic. 
I have also added cinnamon or used other flavoring in place of vanilla.
After mixing the wet and dry ingredients I like to allow the mixture to rest and absorb some liquid.
When adding the fruit and nuts I usually add by the handful. This lets me see how much we are getting. 
This makes 9 large cookies which is 2 serving. They are perfect for heading out the door with a cup of coffee.

If you want to give this recipe a try you better Pin it so it doesn't get lost.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really are! And you can play with the recipe adding what your family likes. Although you would have to double or maybe triple the recipe. Perfect thing to fix the night before leaving on vacation.

      Delete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...