Mar 7, 2016

Tasty Tuesday

Something I have not done in a while is share a recipe with you here on my blog.

So as I was wondering what I would pull from my boxes to share with you, the grandson walked in and we got to talking as I was looking through the box. And just out of the blue he said you know what I have not had since the last time you fix it? And I looked him straight in the eye and said, a Green Cake? And with a big grin on his face he shook his head and said, how did you know?

So I pulled the recipe and this week I will be sharing a recipe for "Green Cake" aka "Pistachio Pound Cake". He has loved this cake since he was about 2 years old and I made it for St. Patty's Day. He could not pronounce Pistachio so he called it Green Cake. And throughout the years I have made it for many occasions. Easter, 4th of July, Christmas and Birthdays even.

Pistachio Pound Cake

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. pistachio instant pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water +1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
4 eggs

Blend all ingredients in large mixing bowl then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Bake in a greased 10 inch tube pan at 350* for 45-55 minutes. Cool right side up for about 20 min. then remove from pan. 

Frost with icing of your choice. We like a simple confectioners sugar glaze with a touch of lemon or almond in it. 

He is 18 now and the pronunciation is not a problem, but around our house we'll still be calling it "Green Cake".

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...