Mar 7, 2016

Monday's Expectations

Today is suppose to hit the upper 60's. Lots of sunshine will be shining and I will be soaking up as much as I can. I can't wait to hang out some laundry and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin while I do so.

I am staying busy both inside and out. I made a list and it has much more on it than can be finished today but that is okay. I just feel so alive and am ready to tackle anything. I told you all I needed was some sunshine. And thank the Lord, he sent me some!

Menus for the week are just for dinner. And the grandson is now living with us for awhile so I am cooking for 3. Hubs is a diabetic and has to be careful and watch what he is eating. But I have been cooking a few extra items just for the grand. So he can enjoy himself too.

Sunday.......I fixed grilled chicken breast and a chopped salad for us. And for the grand I fixed chicken and dumplin's, smashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits. 

Monday......chopped salad with a scoop of homemade tuna salad in the middle. And dumplin's, smashed potatoes, biscuits and peas for the grand.

Tuesday......meatball veggie stew and grilled cheese.

Wednesday........chopped salad, grilled flounder 

Thursday.......leftover soup, grilled ham sandwiches

Friday......turkey meatloaf, fried cabbage, roasted carrots and a baked potato for the grand.

Saturday.......Potato soup with bacon lettuce tomato sandwiches for me and the grand. Chopped salad and grilled chicken for hubs

Sunday...... undecided!

***The chicken and dumplin's were made from the bones and skins of some split chicken breast I found on sale this week and brought home and skinned and deboned. They had some meat on them as well and he really enjoyed them. And most folks would have thrown that part away so it was like a free meal.***

***The meatball stew is made from about half a bag of frozen meatballs and what ever you want in the soup. I brown the meatballs and then add all the veggie soup fixin's to the pot and cook and season as you like***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...