Mar 27, 2014

Compilation


It has been a busy week around here. I had so much I wanted to share with you and have just not had the time to sit down and do it, till now. So this post will be a big pile of it all on one day.

First I was ask to share this recipe.

lt is quick and easy and oh so good.

Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour

3 T sugar

12 oz. beer

Fold together all ingredients, just till moist.
Butter a loaf pan and place batter in pan. 
Bake in preheated, 375* oven for 55-60 minutes.
Or until browned nicely. 
Remove from oven and then from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.

******We like the crust to be crunchy so I remove it from the pan and then place it on the oven rack after the oven has been turned off. Close the door and let it cool with the oven. This makes wonderful toast or grilled cheese sandwiches.*****




I have been trying to incorporate more movement into my daily routine. So I am having to get creative about doing it. I thought I would share a few of my tips and hope you will in turn share some with me.

I do Zumba at least 2 evenings a week

I take a toning class on fridays.

I wear a pedometer every day and always log at least 10,000 steps. More like 14,000 is what I aim for.

When I go to the store or Dr.'s office I always park as far from the door as I can and walk the additional steps.

When I go to Zumba class I get there 15 minutes early and walk fast for 5 minutes and then turn and walk back to class.

I take the stairs in hospitals or office buildings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is thursday so let me share some of the things that I am thankful for today.

I am thankful for my dads health and ability to keep moving at 86 years of age.

And for the nudge he has given me to keep moving as well.

I am thankful for all the good Dr. reports that hubs has been getting.

Also for the time to sketch in my sketch pad.

And time to crochet.

2 comments:

  1. I spent time chasing goats yesterday, practically gaining 8,000 steps by lunch time, ha ha! I am thankful I was home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just remember that those steps count whether they are chasing goats or at the gym. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...