Mar 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Today is Fat Tuesday and rumor has it you are suppose to eat fried sweet breads  today.

Now if that is not good enough of a reason, it is also "National Pancake Day". 

My husband loves pancakes and really never needs a reason to eat them, except that they are just there on his plate. I thought I would share an easy and wonderful take on pancakes that I fix often.

Banana Walnut Pancakes

Fluffy Banana-Nut Pancakes

2 c. self rising flour
4 T. sugar
2 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 ripe bananas 
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (divided)

Measure sugar and flour into a bowl and mix. Place 2 eggs, buttermilk, bananas and 1/4 cup of walnuts in blender or nutri bullet container. Whirl till no lumps remain. ( just a few seconds) Now pour wet into dry ingredients and stir till moist. Now stir in remaining walnuts.
Have skillet or griddle hot and brush with oil, ladle on batter, cook till golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup.

We sometimes add more walnuts to this recipe.

Now if you are not into cooking early in the morning you can fix these babies for dinner and they are just as big of a hit.

If you want pancakes today and do not want to cook them you can go here to get free ones. Because today is free pancakes at IHop!


********** I am not being paid to share this with you but it is my opinion*******

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! I will try that recipe. I Hop was giving away pancakes in their restaurants today to celebrate Fat Tuesday and their anniversary. They looked good as well.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...