Dec 9, 2015

Tasty Tuesday on Wednesday!

Okay I know it is Wednesday and not Tuesday, but yesterday was rather hectic around here and after all it is my blog and if i want to do "Tasty Tuesday" on Wednesday then that is what I am going to do. Besides I don't think you will want to miss this recipe(s).

As we get into the holidays it seems one thing always rings out at me, that is one item of food that I don't want to miss out on making and sharing and eating!

Now I really don't know why it seems we can only have these this time of the year?! I could fix them anytime, but they just seem to fit the holiday season.

I make them to share while guests are waiting on the main meal to be ready. 

I make them to take as hostess gifts when we are invited to share time with others during the season.

And I always make them for my Dad during the holidays.

I am talking about cheese balls, I have a basic recipe which was my mom's and then you can add several things to make it perfect for your family.

Cheese Ball

2 pkg. cream cheese

1 cup finely shredded cheddar (I use mild)

1/4 tsp onion powder 

1/4 tsp garlic powder

Bring your cheeses to room temp place in bowl sprinkle with seasoning and mix well. You can use a spoon or you can put gloves on and use your hands. I prefer my hands. Now after this is mixed well, it is time to add whatever you would like to customize your cheese ball. Here are a few that I have added over the years. And I might add I have never had cheese ball to take home no matter what I added to them.

1 cup chopped green olives (this is a favorite around our house and several ask for it)

1 cup well drained and crumbled bacon

3/4 cup chopped green onion tops

1 jar chipped beef rinsed and chopped fine

1 can well drained tuna in water(with this one I also add 1tsp liquid smoke or to taste) This is a fav!

The outside coating on the cheese ball is up to you. I have used finely chopped nuts, parsley flakes, or additional bacon or chipped beef.

These can be formed in a ball or a log whichever works best for your serving dish.

So maybe this is something you can whip up this year for your family to enjoy. Or to share with friends and family. 

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...