Jul 7, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

I thought I would share a recipes today that is great for summer. 


This is a relish recipe that is a keeper in my book. I have been making this for many years and each year I put at least 24 quarts of this on the shelf.

Zucchini Relish

12 cups zucchini (shredded)
4 cups onions
2 bell peppers
5T. salt
2 1/2 C. cider vinegar
5 c. sugar
1tsp. dry mustard
3/4 t. nutmeg
3/4 t. corn starch
1/2 t. celery seed
1/2 t. black pepper
3/4 t. turmeric
2 T.mustard seed

Shred vegetables and place in a large pan, sprinkle with salt and cover with a dish towel. Allow to set for a few hours (3-4). Now squeeze liquid from veggies and discard. Place remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the veggies and allow to come back up to a boil. Stirring will keep from sticking.

Have jars, caps and rings prepared and process by putting relish into jars with liquid, filling within one inch of top. Wipe top of jar with warm wet cloth. Place boiled cap on top and finger tighten ring into place. Place jar on a towel to cool, leaving space between jars. And wait for the ping!

*** I double or triple this recipe most of the time so I have no idea how much it makes in it single form.

****This relish is great used on hot dogs or in potato salad or we like it in pinto beans. I just use it instead of pickle relish.

There is also 2 more days to sign up for the give away so scoot on over and sign up today.


2 comments:

  1. Oh! We love zucchini relish! I try to make that along with pickle relish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My zucs are just beginning to form, so (if all goes "well") I'll have plenty! I love zucchini relish and still have some jars I put up a couple years back ~ such a deal! And a yummy one at that.

    EnJOY!

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...