Feb 3, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

Well they tell me today is "Carrot Cake Day" so I thought it only fitting to share a few Carrot Cake recipes.

The first one is a wonderful addition to any breakfast. It is great with homemade biscuits or we like it on toast from my beer bread. It is for Carrot Cake Jam.

Carrot Cake Jam

1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped apples
1 3/4 cups crushed pineapple w/juice
3T. lemon juice
1 tsp.ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp.ground cloves
1pkg. low sugar fruit pectin
3 c. sugar

Combine top 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and boil gently for 20 minutes.

Place into jars as you would any jam or jelly.

***** I will tell you it is great fixed just as is. But a bit sweet for us, so I used a sweet apple and reduced my sugar by about a 1/2 cup. So feel free to experiment with this recipe and let me know what you did and how it was.****



Here is another Carrot Cake recipe I use and like very much.

Carrot Cake Bread

4 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/12 c. oil
2 c. self rising flour
11/2 tsp. vanilla
11/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c.shredded carrots 
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream eggs, oil and sugar together till well incorporated. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Slowly add flour. After flour is mixed in, add carrots and nuts by hand.

Bake in a loaf pan that has been greased and sugared with regular white sugar. Bake at 350* for 50 minutes then test to see if toothpick comes out clean. If not bake till it does.

******The sugared pan makes all the difference in the world with this bread. It is good enough for dessert or a great breakfast bread.**** 


Don't forget I am working on a recycling post so if you are not following me you just might miss it when its done!

1 comment:

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...