Feb 16, 2015

Monday's Musings and Menus

 Our windchill is right now at like -15 below. And we had 4 inches of snow on the ground this morning. So I did what any girl would do, I cleared a path to get the newspaper and fixed a cup of coffee. And in just a few minutes I am putting on a pot of soup.


I guess I better get to the dinner menus for the week:

Sunday......Fagioli Soup and homemade beer bread w/cheese and garlic

Monday.......Chicken Corn Chowder and cracklin' bread

Tuesday........Jambalaya(chicken & sausage) and crusty bread

Wednesday.....chopped salad with soup leftovers of choice

Thursday.......chopped salad with soup leftovers of choice

Friday......Pan fried Walleye, oven fries, coleslaw and mexican cornbread muffins

Saturday.......homemade pizza and a chopped salad.

Now you might say I am cooking alot of soup. Well let me tell you it is cold here and soup is what a body wants to warm it up! Plus with soup in the fridge it is easy to get dinner ready and I might find the time to be creative this week. If so we might be eating soup more often!

Planning my menus out allow me to use what I have and not allow things to go to waste. In other words it saves me money. So tell me what good food is going on your table this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...