Feb 18, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Well our weather is starting to break. It is 59 degrees outside and the sun is shining bright. The blue skies are astounding. I had almost forgot what blue skies and sunshine looked like. Almost all of the snow has melted, which means we all need to get out our muck boots.


I have been trying out a few different recipes lately. Trying to use more whole grains as well. So I thought I would share a recipe I made for a potluck recently and it was a big hit. Now please keep in mind that when I am making something I do not run out and purchase the ingredients for it. I use what I have on hand so sometimes I need to make some changes and I will share those along the way. 

Roasted Red Pepper, Feta and Barley Salad

2 1/2 cups water
1 cup barley
1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
1/2 cup shredded zucchini 
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 to 1/3 cup sun dried tomato vinaigrette
12 grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Bring water to a boil and cook barley on reduced heat, covered , until tender and most of liquid has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand to room temperature.


Once the barley is cool, toss tomatoes, zucchini, onion, feta, peppers and celery leaves with the barley in a large bowl. Drizzle with the tomato vinaigrette and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.

******I did not have green onions so I substituted red onions.******

So have any of you been cooking anything new?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds right up our alley, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I made biscotti for the first time. I'll be sharing it later on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...