Nov 6, 2010

Spicy Banana Cookies

I made some cookies the other night and I thought I would share the process. They are not fancy but they were very tasty. The perfect cookie to throw in the oven as company arrives and then all that is left to do is make a pot of coffee.

I started with a box of spice cake mix and I stirred in 3 large overripe bananas that had been smashed. Added 1 tsp. real vanilla and about a tablespoon of water. (adjust this according to how moist you bananas are). After mixed I folded in 1/2 dried cranberries and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Bake at 350*, till edges start to brown.

Give them a try for the next time you just need something fresh baked or maybe for an extra cookie on the cookie tray.

Do you have a quick cookie you would love to show off? Share it with us, I would love to see what you have.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these cookies look & "sound" delicious. I don't have a recipe at the moment but am willing to experiment. I'll let you know what I came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these do sound good, it is a way to get rid of those ripe bananas without having to make banana bread. I bet the nuts and cranberries really make it good.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...