Dec 25, 2014

The Best Gift

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone enjoys the day spent exactly how you like it.

As this year has progressed I have been giving great thought to things in my life, both past and present. Sorting through those things that have been stored in my brain for future use. You know what I mean? Like you learned something, but did not need it at the time so it was stored away till the need arises to use it! It seems when I do this that as I realize something it seems like, ( oh I knew that!)

Well I know people always say it is better to give than to receive. But how many really believe that? I truly love to give gifts. It is the greatest! But no matter how thrifty I am, I can in no way, shape or form buy or even make a gift for everyone I would like to gift to. But this all got me to thinking and the lightbulb went on! 

As a believer I know that the greatest gift of all was Gods gift to us. The miracle of the " virgin birth" and what it means. So I did not have to look far this year to remember that the best gift to give was the gift of Jesus. I have shared at every possible opportunity and have received a blessing in one way or another each time I did. 

Christmas is so commercialized and everywhere you look you see parents buying gifts and running to make sure they can put their child on Santa's knee. But I wonder how many slow down and tell those sweet little ones about Jesus?

I hope everyone has a blessed day with family and friends. And just in case you are wondering or would like to share with those around you today, you can get the "rest of the story" in Luke 2:1-20.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...