Apr 22, 2013

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day

Today is the day we need to remember how important all the things in our life are that we take for granted everyday. Things like the trees, water and soil. Where would we be without good soil and water to grow fruits and vegetables? Trees to provide shade, oxygen and soil erosion. It is up to us to take care of the land and all that god has given us.

Do you do your part to reduce your carbon foot print in this world? We all should be aware and do all that we can, if not for ourselves, then for our children and grandkids. Does your household live by the repurpose,recycle and do without way of thinking?  Well I am proud to say that we do, now I am not perfect at it but I make myself stop and think about buying things and if I can make it at home from things in my cupboards or reuse something I already have then that is the way we go.

One way we roll around here is that I make all my cleaning products and laundry detergent. I also do not use my dryer except in extreme weather conditions.You see anytime you go past my house you might just see laundry blowing in the wind. I prefer hanging laundry out, to drying clothes in the dryer. The sheets and towels are wonderful and it saves around $30+ a month on the electric bill. So I recycled/repurposed and came up with a cute way to hold your clothes pins. If you will look closely you will see I even made an adorable clothes hanger to go with it.
#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

These are for sale here on my blog. They are $10 a piece and shipping will be $2 if you are in the USA (48). Just post in the comments if you are interested and let me know which one you would like. Leave me your email and I will get back to you. It is all first come, first serve.

3 comments:

  1. They look great! I have done something similar and funny as I had given one to my Mom a few years back, she uses it all the time and it is still going strong!

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...