Feb 2, 2015

Monday and Menus

Cold........Windy..........Wet!!

And it looks like that will be it for the day! So I am staying inside and staying warm.

Well SuperBowl food was great and the game ended the way I had called. But I will have to say I was a bit disappointed in the half time show and the ads throughout the game. Was it just me? I really thought they could have had more UMPH to them, for what it cost to produce them and have them aired. Well that just my humble opinion.

With all this cold weather that is hanging over us, food for the week will be of the comfort variety. So here goes.

Monday.......Split Pea with Ham Soup and Grilled Cheese made with homemade Beer Bread

Tuesday.......Salsa Chicken rolled in Joseph's Bread and a Chopped Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Wednesday........Macaroni and Tomatoes and a Chopped Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

Thursday......Roasted Chicken w/onions/carrots/yellow squash/cauliflower

Friday.........Chicken Quesadillas and a Chopped Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Saturday........Chicken Salad on top of my Chopped Salad.

As you can see we like salads! And salads are good for us and since I started making chopped salads the hubs is always ready to eat one.  Friday and Saturday's will be made using the leftover roast chicken.

I see that a few of you shied away from yesterdays post. But I was hoping you would make it to the bottom of the post since I let you in on something to look for in the next few days. Hope you don't miss any good info!



  


1 comment:

  1. I too was disappointed in the ads they played during the game. I was not impressed with half time either.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...