Mar 23, 2014

Recycle or Upcycled

These are 2 words that at first glance we think of as a new phrase. Well not new but just a few years old. We know what they mean. It is when someone takes an item that is intended for one purpose and remakes it for another. Here are just a few examples.


This is a necklace made from an old spoon that had seen its better days and I am sure no one would have wanted to have used it to eat with.


And these are crosses that are made from old carpenter rulers.

Well I am here today to ask you to just think a little about the terms recycled and upcycled. Because I believe that while those words might be somewhat new to our language, the concept goes way back and has been practiced for years and years.

Stay with me here, if you are a Christian then you realize that we are all born sinners and that God can/will take us as we are and "upcycle" us into something wonderful and useful. Into something beautiful on the inside and outside. Something created in his image with a new and fabulous purpose.

So I hope the next time you hear the words upcycle or recycle you stop for a few and remember that modern day man may have coined the terms, but the concept was created by our maker. And he is the best at what he does.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to read every comment. And I love hearing from you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...